A little about you and the role
As the staff Accountant, you will be a key member of the Finance Team at Milestone. While you will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day accounting functions, you will also be critical in implementing improvements to reporting and general financial health of the Agency. With experience in building processes and procedures, you enjoy creating structure and finding ways to make things more efficient. Milestone is growing rapidly – this position will grow and evolve with the Agency.
In this position you will be responsible for financial accounting, reporting, and internal controls in a hands-on environment.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations such as accounts payable/receivable, government reporting/payment and general ledger reconciliations
- Responsible for month end closings, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Responsible for cash management, and assisting with budgeting and forecasting
- Research, interpret and implement new accounting regulations and tax rulings
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- CPA required
- Good knowledge of US / Canadian GAAP and IFRS
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must have good oral and written communications skills
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be proactive and able to delegate/give direction
A little about us (your team here at Milestone)
We believe in doing great work – which is perhaps why we have long-standing relationships with some of the world’s leading brands. We are passionate about what we do. We work smart. We sweat the details. We deliver exceptional work. And we still leave at 5. (You won’t see our people here on weekends or late at night. Life is too short.). Bright, smart, talented people are critical to us, but attitude is key. Our teams are exceptional and friendly. Brilliant prima donnas probably shouldn’t apply. We are consistently growing and have added new business. It’s an exciting time. We pay competitively, we’re good to work with, and you will learn lots and do amazing things.
Sound like a fit? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and salary expectations, to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest, but please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.