A little about you and the role
A little about youYou are a skilled writer with a background in both B2B and B2C. Ideally you have agency and digital experience. You are an active listener, a team player and an accomplished communicator. You are a storyteller with a brain for business. You “get” tech. (Hint: If you think the Enterprise is a fictional spaceship or cloud storage is only for water droplets, this may not be for you). You think outside the box. And, since you believe that writing in tired clichés is just plain wrong, reading that last statement just made you cringe. You truly cannot fathom why everyone doesn’t intuitively know the difference between “you’re” and “your.” You are insatiably curious, incredibly resourceful and brimming with ideas. You have thick skin and you’re not afraid to “kill your darlings.” You were probably an A student with a university degree in journalism, communications or professional writing. And you may even have a post-graduate certificate in copywriting.
What will you be doing?You will work closely with our copy/content director, account managers and designers to write kick-ass content for a wide variety of deliverables across all areas of the integrated marketing mix. Basically, if a project requires words, you will write them, modifying your style to find just the right voice for the brand and execution. If you are smart, entrepreneurial and love writing, you’ll learn tons and do amazing things.
- Work closely with account managers and the creative team to ensure all content is on-brief, on-brand and a perfect fit with design
- Interpret briefs and perform research to fill in any gaps in knowledge
- Attend briefing meetings, as required, and ask ridiculously smart questions
- Distill complex ideas and technologies into simple, clear and highly compelling messages
- Apply best practices for content creation to all projects
- Perform proofreading and editing as needed
- Build business by creating and delivering effective content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise writing for multiple deliverables and platforms, including social, print and digital (why yes, we’d love to see samples of your work)
- Strong research and interview skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and competing deadlines
- 4+ years in related field
- Great interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
Notice: Undefined variable: sidebar in C:\inetpub\vhosts\milestoneintegrated.com\httpdocs\wp-content\themes\mim\lib\default-job.php on line 178
A little about us (your team here at Milestone)
We believe in doing great work – which is perhaps why we have long-standing relationships with some of the world’s leading brands. We are passionate about what we do. We work smart. We sweat the details. We deliver exceptional work. And we still leave at 5. (You won’t see our people here on weekends or late at night. Life is too short.). Bright, smart, talented people are critical to us, but attitude is key. Our teams are exceptional and friendly. Brilliant prima donnas probably shouldn’t apply. We are consistently growing and have added new business. It’s an exciting time. We pay competitively, we’re good to work with, and you will learn lots and do amazing things.
Sound like a fit? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume, writing samples and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest, but please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.