A little about you and the role
We are looking to add a web developer to our growing team here at Milestone. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the agency and clients to develop/code and implement custom designed websites and emails. This role is located at our office in Cambridge.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated problem-solver who works effectively with minimal supervision, while still supporting the team dynamic. You can interpret the needs of the client, and communicate technical concepts in a simple, easy to understand manner. You possess the skills needed to develop, test, and implement multi-page websites for both desktop and mobile deployments. You may be involved in client meetings discussing various aspects of the project from a technical perspective.
- Code custom websites from designer files (such as Adobe Illustrator)
- Use CMS platforms such as WordPress and others to develop and/or update websites to client specifications/requirements
- Code to current web standards (mobile, responsive design, etc)
- Develop and code email deployments, ideally with basic knowledge of CRM platforms (i.e. Eloqua)
- Support and maintain existing client websites and solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with various CMS platforms
- Knowledge and experience with common web languages
- Strategic and analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Able to lead technical aspects of a project while working closely with account managers and designers
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/priorities
- Effective decision making with the ability to develop processes and systems consistent with overall business objectives
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to contribute to meetings in a clear manner
- PHP, ASP.NET, NodeJS, IIS / Window Server 2013-2019, and Plesk, experience is a must
- Knowledge of accessibility best practice is also required
- A strong desire to continue learning and developing skills
A little about us (your team here at Milestone)
We believe in doing great work – which is perhaps why we have long standing relationships with some of the world’s leading brands.
We are passionate about what we do. We work smart. We sweat the details. We deliver exceptional work. And we still leave at 5. (You won’t see our people here on weekends or late at night. Life is too short.)
Bright, smart, talented people are critical to us, but attitude is key. Our teams are exceptional and friendly. Brilliant prima donnas probably shouldn’t apply.
We are consistently growing and continue to add new business. It’s an exciting time to join the team.
Thank you for your interest. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.